Monday, December 8, 2008

I've started to notice a trend with store brand diapers so I didn't want to try anymore.  However, one Saturday night I realized I only had a few diapers left for each of the boys so we made a quick stop at Albertsons to pick some up.  I decided to try the Baby Basics brand - the supreme kind.


Pros:  I try to keep an open mind with each diaper that we try.  I thought they had a cute print on them when I pulled them out of the package.  They didn't seem extremely soft, but weren't too bad either.  And....that's about all the pros ;)

Cons:  Where do I begin?  First of all, these diapers don't have the size printed on the front.  Chandler wears a 5 and Rowan is in a 4 right now.  Their diapers may look close in size but I can tell a huge difference if I accidentally put a 4 on Chandler and a 5 on Rowan.  There is no differentiation in the patterns either which doesn't help.  We keep the diapers on a shelf in the laundry room and I try to keep Chandler's on right and Rowan's on the left.  However, if I've just gotten both boys out of the tub and grab diapers to put on them, I have to hold them up to one another to remember which on to put on Chan and which one to put on Rowan.  The sticky tabs on these diapers are horrid.  They came off multiple times on the boys, or slipped, making their diapers sag down. And NO stretchy tabs, which I think should be standard in a diaper.  We've had blowouts, and a ridiculous amount of leaks from both of the boys.  Rowan even developed a pretty bad rash for a few days.  I wasn't sure it was the diapers, so I decided to use a different brand for a few days.  It cleared up.  I then tried the Albertson's brand again and the rash started coming back.  I really think it's due to the fact that they don't breathe very well.  Let's just say I was VERY happy when these diapers were gone.  

Price:  $8 for a jumbo pack

Where to buy:  Albertsons
Average price per diaper (based on the jumbo pack)
Size 3 - $.22
Size 4 - $.26
Size 5 -  $.30
Size 6 -  $.36

Rating:  Terrible

0 comments: